CPD: Responding to victims of sexual violence
About the course
“I have learnt an intense amount on this course… Being in the SARC has been an additional benefit and of great value. I feel able to advocate effectively for victims of sexual violence. Thank you very much!”
This course has been developed in conjunction with Janine Roderick, formerly Manager of the Cardiff Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) and now working as the Senior Policy Advisor in the Violence Against Women and Domestic Abuse Team in the Welsh Government.
The course has been designed to build your skills, knowledge and confidence, improve your professional response and make victims of sexual violence safer.
Evidence gained through the CAADA Insights service suggests that many practitioners lack the confidence needed to ask their clients about sexual violence.
Benefits to learners
- Apply advanced skills and knowledge gained on the training course to increase your confidence in responding to disclosures of sexual violence and make victims safer.
- If you are a CAADA qualified IDVA you will qualify as an ISVA on successful completion of the course, enabling you to extend your skills and the support you are able to provide. The course is open to other professionals as well as IDVAs.
- Learn from sector experts, including CPS, the Police, and Zoe Lodrick, a Sexual Trauma Specialist.
- Connect with like-minded professionals, sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Develop your career by engaging in Continuing Professional Development.
Benefits to service managers
- Evidence gathered by the CAADA Insights service suggests that IDVAs feel less confident in asking their clients about sexual violence than other types of abuse. By purchasing this training for staff you can improve practice and make victims and their children safer.
- Demonstrate to funders that you are commissioning ready by sharing best practice and building the skills profile of your team in line with the needs of your service users.
- Trained staff can perform either the IDVA or ISVA role – offering greater flexibility.
Back to CPD homepage